Sunday, May 27, 2018

Day 2 - nr. Magdeburg (D) to Leśno (PL)

Sunday 27/05/2018
-----------------------------------

Had a great nights sleep, dozing off to the bassy tones of an um pa pa band. The night was warm and it soon got hotter as the sun rose this morning. I set out nice and early to cover the 8+ hours and still make it to the party.

Hit another roadblock that took me through some minor roads, but otherwise it was a pretty pleasant ride. Managed to do the distance in 7 hours, despite fuel stops and a quick lunch so arrived just in time for dinner and photos. They had a massive thunder and hail storm here yesterday which explains what looks like snow in the roadside ditches despite it being 26C....

All good. A few drinks and a lot of food and I'm back to 100%. Do I stay here another day or do I ramble on? My wife was meant to fly in today but her flight was cancelled some issue with lightening damaged fuel equipment impacting all RyanAir flights.... Oh well, so much for the unreliable form of transport I have taken.....

Mileage: 1036
Country count: 6 (GB, F, B, NL, D, PL)
Beers: 6
Fines: 0
Bribes: 0
Ass pain: 4/10
Mechanical issues: 0
Accidents: 0 (well 1 that didn't involve me)
Coldness: 0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment